Part Time Calibration Technician
Essco Calibration Laboratory, New England’s largest and most diverse calibration laboratory, provides calibration services and solutions to thousands of prominent high tech businesses worldwide.
Essco offers calibration technician opportunities for student employees creating a mutually rewarding experience by seizing the intellect, technical savvy, innovation and energy of the students.
Essco offers competitive pay and outstanding benefits including:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work life balance
- Opportunity to truly be part of a collaborative team environment
Students acquire and develop the following relevant work competencies:
- Hands on experience using a wide range of test and measurement equipment
- Learning experiences to create a successful career path in a global environment
- Opportunity to learn and collaborate with other students as well as learn from some of the best metrology engineers in the industry
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Learn and understand application of instruments, equipment, and calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
- Learn and develop an understanding of Traceability, Substitution of Standards and Test Accuracy, and Uncertainty Ratios as part of ISO 17025 requirements.
- Learn and ensure the accuracy of measurements taken using proper calibration standards.
- Analyze and interpret data and other information to complete calibrations using procedures.
- Properly document data and results using Essco and customer templates and procedures.
- Complete calibrations in a safe, timely, and accurate manner, following Essco and customer-specific templates and procedures.
- Responsible for proper handling and maintenance of Essco and customer test equipment.
- Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Work according to deadlines while continuing to meet quality standards
- Analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions.
- Course of study in Engineering, and other related technical fields.
- Ability to use enterprise lab management software, MS excel.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Good interpersonal skills such as active listening, teamwork, dependability, motivation, flexibility, patience and empathy.
- Good organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize and accomplish goals.
- Strong math skills.
- Communicate effectively.
- Sit, stand, and walk.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Reach with arms and hands.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities required in this job include close vision requiring focusing eyes on a nearby object for prolonged periods of time.
- Professional lab environment.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, pressurized cylinders, chemicals, and high voltage power.
- Routinely use office equipment, including computers, copiers, and phones.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.