Field Service/Onsite Calibration Tech
Statement of Employment Relationship
What we want you to do and what you need in order to do it.
Our Mission is to provide customer satisfaction by maintaining an environment dedicated to quality, capability and timeliness. The position requires the use of your education and experience to help accomplish our Corporate Mission and grow our business.
Our Culture is designed to foster team skills as well as individual skills. Each employee will be evaluated on his/her contribution to the team as well as his/her individual contribution towards attaining corporate goals. Training in both technical and general business knowledge will be provided for as long as you work for our team.
We expect you to maintain separation between personal and business responsibilities to allow for proper focus on the task at hand. A well-developed work ethic and task orientation will ensure quality service and timely delivery to our customers.
Our management structure is relatively flat and our style is relaxed and open. New ideas and cross-functional thinking are encouraged and most importantly, management will listen. We provide the tools to support our expectations and promote team and individual success. Metrics are used to ensure corporate goals are met and customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Field Service/Onsite Calibration Technician I reports to the Field Service/Onsite Calibration Technical Manager and works within the scope of their training, education, experience and skills to accomplish assigned tasks.
This position carries out responsibilities for all or part of these areas:
- Ensure the accuracy of the measurement taken using the proper calibration standards.
- Ensure the equipment is calibrated correctly.
- Analyze and interpret data and other information to complete calibrations procedure.
- Properly document data and results using Essco and customer templates and procedures.
- Take a proactive role in supporting the Team and providing customer support while maintaining the highest level of integrity.
- Invest in personal development to upgrade knowledge through networking, workshops, seminars, and books.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes calibrations in a safe, timely, and accurate manner, following Essco and customer-specific templates and procedures.
- Responsible for proper handling and maintenance of Essco and customer equipment, including testing and standards equipment.
- Identify project supply and equipment needs and conveys them to the appropriate resource to ensure availability.
- It is expected that 90-95% of work time will be utilized completing calibrations.
- Works to understand client needs and requirements through effective communication and develops customer relationships through excellent customer service. Ensure customer requests are conveyed to the appropriate resource and requests are met in accordance with Essco policy and practices.
- Timesheets and expenses are completed daily with accurate expenses and notes.
- Techs are aware of potential new opportunities when interacting with customers and relays the leads to the appropriate Essco resource.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Always considers safety when executing tasks and projects.
Accuracy of Measurement
- Leans and develops an understanding of TAR & TUR.
- Learns and develops an understanding of traceability.
- Learns and develops an understanding of uncertainty and error.
- Learns the proper use of the Calibration Management System (CMS).
Analyze and Interpret Data
- Learns to analyze test data.
- Learns the elements of a calibration certificate as shown on the Essco Calibration Certificate Requirements.
- Learns to understand the detail of customer PO, technical literature, and work orders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of Traceability, Substitution of Standards, and Test Accuracy and Uncertainty Ratios.
- Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation; as well as manual and computer-based process control loops and systems; understands and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
- Basic understanding and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
- Learns and develops an understanding of Traceability, Substitution of Standards, and Test Accuracy and Uncertainty Ratios as part of ISO 17025 requirements.
- Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
- Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Able to make independent decisions with a defined scope of work, and seeks clarification and direction when needed. Must be self-driven and demonstrate the ability to work with little direction.
- Follows the first-in-first-out principle during shift, be aware of expedited calibration requirements, helps maintain a turnaround time of fewer than 10 days and assists in maintaining supplies for laboratory day-to-day operations, such as batteries, fuses, and other consumables.
- Work according to deadlines while continuing to meet standards
- Analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions.
- Experience using enterprise software such as IndySoft, MetCal, ACT, QuickBooks, Payright Workforce Solution, and Kaizen Software Solutions.
- Basic computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Excel, SharePoint, and Teams experience preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Good interpersonal skills such as active listening, teamwork, dependability, motivation, flexibility, patience, and empathy.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Good organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize and accomplish goals while working across departments is essential.
Education and Experience:
- AA/AS degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, other related technical field or equivalent military training preferred.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience in calibration, testing or engineering.
- Communicate effectively.
- Sit, stand, and walk.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Reach with arms and hands.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Climb or balance.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required in this job include close vision requiring focusing eyes on a nearby object for prolonged periods of time.
- Professional lab environment.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, pressurized cylinders, chemicals and high voltage power.
- Routinely use office equipment including computers, copiers, and phones.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Email to apply.