Field Service/Onsite Calibration Tech
Statement of Employment Relationship
What we want you to do and what you need in order to do it.
Our Mission is to provide customer satisfaction by maintaining an environment dedicated to quality, capability and timeliness. The position requires the use of your education and experience to help accomplish our Corporate Mission and grow our business.
Our Culture is designed to foster team skills as well as individual skills. Each employee will be evaluated on his/her contribution to the team as well as his/her individual contribution towards attaining corporate goals. Training in both technical and general business knowledge will be provided for as long as you work for our team.
We expect you to maintain separation between personal and business responsibilities to allow for proper focus on the task at hand. A well-developed work ethic and task orientation will ensure quality service and timely delivery to our customers.
Our management structure is relatively flat and our style is relaxed and open. New ideas and cross-functional thinking are encouraged and most importantly, management will listen. We provide the tools to support our expectations and promote team and individual success. Metrics are used to ensure corporate goals are met and customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Field Service/Onsite Calibration Technician I reports to the Field Service/Onsite Calibration Technical Manager and works within the scope of their training, education, experience, and skills to accomplish assigned tasks.
This position carries out responsibilities for all or part of these areas:
- Ensure the accuracy of the measurement taken using the proper calibration standards.
- Ensure the equipment is calibrated correctly.
- Analyze and interpret data and other information to complete calibrations procedure.
- Properly document data and results using Essco and customer templates and procedures by learning the elements of Essco’s calibration certificate and learns to understand the detail of customer PO, technical literature, and work orders.
- Take a proactive role in supporting the Team and providing customer support while maintaining the highest level of integrity.
- Invest in personal development to upgrade knowledge through networking, workshops, seminars, and books.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Work to understand client needs and requirements through effective communication, and develop customer relationships through excellent customer service by asking and answering calibration questions as needed. Ensure customer requests are conveyed to the appropriate resource and requests are met in accordance with Essco policy and practices.
- Responsible for basic IT setup skills to set up laptops and printers at customer sites.
- Understanding of TAR, TUR, and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and uncertainties
- Understand and comply with customer safety requirements and always consider safety when executing tasks and projects.
- Completes calibrations in a safe, timely, and accurate manner, following Essco and customer-specific templates and procedures.
- Responsible for proper handling, transportation, and maintenance of Essco and customer equipment and standards.
- Identify equipment needs for a job.
- It is expected that 90-95% of work time will be utilized completing calibrations.
- Timesheets and expenses are completed daily with accurate expenses and notes.
- Techs are aware of potential new opportunities when interacting with customers and relay the lead information to the appropriate Essco resource.
- Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation; as well as manual and computer-based process control loops and systems; understands and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
- Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
- Able to make independent decisions with defined scope of work and seeks clarification and direction when needed. Must be self-driven and demonstrate the ability to work with little direction.
- Work according to deadlines while continuing to meet standards
- Analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws, and pose solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle a busy schedule.
- Experience using enterprise software such as IndySoft and MetCal.
- Basic computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Excel, SharePoint, and Teams experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Good interpersonal skills such as active listening, teamwork, dependability, motivation, flexibility, patience, and empathy.
- Good organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize and accomplish goals while working across departments are essential.
Education and Experience:
- Electrical or mechanical training from a technical school or AA/AS degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, other related technical field, or equivalent military training is preferred.
- PMEL, ASQ, METCAL, NCSLI, MSC or other Metrology training is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a wide range of calibration discipline, testing, or engineering.
- Communicate effectively.
- Sit, stand, and walk.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Reach with arms and hands.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Climb or balance.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required in this job include close vision requiring focusing eyes on a nearby object for prolonged periods of time.
- Up to several hours daily driving in your personal vehicle
- Customer sites which include: professional lab environments, clean rooms, or manufacturing floors.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, pressurized cylinders, chemicals, and high voltage power.
- Routine use of home office, customer space, or Essco space using office equipment including computers, copiers, and phones.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate
Email to apply.