2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Essco Calibration Laboratory, New England’s largest and most diverse calibration laboratory, provides calibration services and solutions to thousands of prominent high tech businesses worldwide.
Our mission is to ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining an environment dedicated to quality, capability and timeliness.
We have an opening for a full time 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in our Chelmsford, MA laboratory. This position requires a positive, self-motivated individual to provide support and direction in our NVLAP (code 200972-0) accredited commercial lab.
Essco is a growing company with an opportunity to advance your career working in a strong team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized and collaborative.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching ensuring that operations are carried out productively to secure profitability and sustainable growth, to include written performance reviews and partnering with HR to administer disciplinary action.
- Secure the building at the end of the shift.
- Report facilities issues, damaged equipment, injuries, etc… to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- With training and in time, be able to:
- Ensure the accuracy of the measurement taken using the proper calibration standards
- Ensure the equipment is calibrated correctly.
- Analyze and interpret data and other information to complete the calibrations procedure.
- Properly document data and results using Essco and customer policies and procedures.
- May be asked to develop and implement a training program if possesses relevant experience.
- May be asked to perform quality checks on completed calibrations if possesses relevant experience.
Education and Experience
- BS degree w/3+ years of management experience in a technical environment or AS degree w/5+ years of management experience in a technical environment strongly preferred
- Experience working in an ISO 17025 and or ANSI Z540 accredited environment
- Familiarity with requirements of Calibration accreditation bodies (A2LA, NVLAP, ILAC-MRA)
- Experience with calibration preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing a training program preferred
- Experience with quality inspections preferred.
- Communicate effectively.
- Sit, stand, walk
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Reach with arms and hands.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities required in this job include close vision requiring focusing eyes on a nearby object for prolonged periods of time.
- Professional lab environment.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, pressurized cylinders, chemicals and high voltage power.
- Routinely use office equipment including computes, copiers, and phones.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Essco offers competitive salary an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) with match, long and short term disability, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and excellent work life balance along with the opportunity to truly be part of a team environment.
*No phone calls, please
Job Type: Full-time
Email to apply.