“Our mission is to provide customer satisfaction by maintaining an environment dedicated to quality, capability and timeliness.”
When it comes to your calibration needs, you have to be certain your calibration laboratory meets the highest standards for quality. Nothing less will do.
At Essco Calibration Laboratory, our commitment to quality encompasses:
- People: Our 30+ metrologists are highly skilled and receive extensive ongoing training.
- Processes: We are continually evaluating and improving all aspects of our quality system.
- Equipment: To best serve our customers, we invest in top-quality equipment (e.g. Fluke multifunction calibrators, DHI pressure calibrators and dimensional instruments from Mitutoyo and Starrett).
The Essco quality system is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005. The management system requirements in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (sec. 4) are written pertinent to laboratory operations and meet the principles of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Requirements. Essco meets the technical competence and management system requirements necessary to consistently deliver technically valid test results and calibrations.
The International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) considers the elements for confirming metrological traceability to be an unbroken metrological traceability chain to a national or international measurement standard, a documented measurement uncertainty, a documented measurement procedure, accredited technical competence, metrological traceability to the SI and calibration intervals.
The concept of traceability is important because it allows you to compare the results of measurements worldwide according to a standardized procedure for estimating measurement uncertainty. ESSCO’s results are traceable through an unbroken chain of comparisons to one or more of the following:
- U.S. measurement standards maintained by the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- International measurement institutes (e.g. NRC Institute for National Measurement Standards, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt)
- Intrinsic standards or natural physical constants
If you have any questions about our quality department, please call 800-325-2201.