- Calibration and repair of inspection, measurement and test equipment (IM&TE)
- Offer onsite and two-shift laboratory service; overnight service also available
- Established in 1961 and operated by Walsh Engineering Services, Inc., since 1974.
- 35% veteran staff.
- A single facility with 27,200 sq. ft. total area and concrete construction
- 12,000 sq. ft. for four environmentally controlled laboratories (mechanical: 20± .5°C, 15-75%RH; electronic: 23±3°C, 15-75%RH)
- 4,500 sq. ft. storage/shipping/receiving; 10,500 sq. ft. office/administrative;
Electronic, Mechanical, Dimensional, Fiber Optic, Temperature, Pressure, Vacuum, Mass, Flow, Force, Humidity, Air Velocity, Light and Torque instrumentation
- ~$11.5 million
Volume of Work
- ~100,000 calibrations/repairs performed annually
- Mix of calibrations: 60% electronic/40% mechanical, performed both in-lab and at customer sites
- ~2,000 customers nationwide, including ~1,500 in New England
- No single customer represents over 2% of annual revenue
Aeronautics, Aerospace/Defense, Automotive, Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical, Energy/Green Energy, Manufacturing (General, Scientific, Medical Devices, Semiconductors), Metrology/Testing Laboratories and Telecommunications
- The Essco quality system is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
- The management system requirements in ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (sec. 4) are written pertinent to laboratory operations and meet the principles of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Requirements.
- Essco meets the technical competence and management system requirements necessary to consistently deliver technically valid test results and calibrations.
- 5 padded delivery vans, 1 field service van, 15 field service autos
- Carrier service available
70+ personnel, including 39 metrologists, 4 engineers, 6 sales, 3 administration, 7 operations, 1 purchasing, 4 customer service, 7 shipping and delivery,1 meteorologist, 2 quality assurance
- Principal: Michael Walsh x113
- President: David Donnelly x120
- Quality Manager: Kevin Pistey x115
- VP Marketing: Joe Morse x117
- VP Finance & Ops: Diane Stephens x131
- VP Business Development: Troy Thomas x128
- Customer Service Mgr.: Debra Rogers x124
- Mgr Onsite Team: Tom Thomas x142
- Support Engineer - IT: Mike Ramsden x133
- American Society for Quality, Measurement Quality Division
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts
- Government-Industry Data Exchange Program
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering
- National Association for Proficiency Testing
- National Conference of Standards Laboratories International
- New Hampshire Biotech Council
- SIC Code 8734; NAICS Code 541380
- Tax ID 04 255 1401; small company <500
- D&B 04-827-5697; rating: BA2
- Equal Opportunity Employer